Other Informative Sources of Information
- AlcoholAbuse.com - Information related to Alchohol Abuse and Treatment.
- Anne Sippi Clinic - residential treatment program in Los Angeles for those suffering with schizophrenia.
- Betty Ford Center - alcohol and drug dependency treatment services.
- California Department of Mental Health
- California Network of Mental Health Clients
- Camp Recovery Centers - provides substance abuse treatment to adults and adolescents in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- National Institutes of Health ClinicalTrials.gov
- Depressive Manic Depressive Association of Orange County
- Download the Developing a Stigma Reduction Initiative Kit Here, Developed Through SAMHSA. It is designed to support the activities of agencies who plan to mount a national, regional or local effort to counter stigma and discrimination. It is intended for use by consumers, family members, community leaders and other agencies.
- Eastfield Ming Quong - not-for-profit organization in the San Francisco Bay Area providing mental health services to children and their families.
- F.A.C.E.S. - services for children and parents going through divorce and separation in and near Fullerton.
- Fear of Flying Clinic - fear of flying workshops and flights based at the San Francisco International Airport.
- Hillview Acres Children's Home - 24 hr. non-profit treatment center for abuse victims. Located in Chino.
- Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis - promoting positive practices in the field of challenging behavior. Located in Los Angeles.
- Know the Signs - a statewide suicide prevention social marketing campaign built on three key messages: â€œKnow the signs. Find the words. Reach out.â€ This campaign is intended to educate Californians how to recognize the warning signs of suicide, how to find the words to have a direct conversation with someone in crisis, and where to find professional help and resources. Visit www.Suicideispreventable.org.
- Los Angeles Gender Center - collaboration of mental health professionals who provide counseling and to individuals challenged by transsexual and transgender Issues.
- Matrix Institute - Southern California outpatient treatment services for alcohol and other drug abuse therapy.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- NAMI California - links together family support groups statewide.
- New Bridge Foundation - Berkeley residential, partial-day and out-patient alcohol and drug treatment for adult men and women. Afterschool program for adolescents.
Man Therapy is chock-full of tools and resources that are helpful in tackling menâ€™s stress and other mental health issues.
- Official Medi-Cal Site
- Olive Branch Counseling Center - Southern California non-profit counseling organization working with children, adults and families.
- PROMIS - Addiction Treatment and Recovery Centre - PROMIS has over 20 years experience treating addiction. Addiction related rescources are also available on our website including, online books, and a series of self-help video lectures by Dr. Robert Lefever.
- San Francisco Psychoanalytic Institute and Society - provides training in formal psychoanalysis and psychotherapy and offers classes and seminars to professionals and the general public.
- San Francisco Suicide Web
- Sanctuary Psychiatric Centers' Information Network - not-for-profit Santa Barbara resource for mental health information, with a focus on consumer empowerment and community involvement.
- Stanford's Bipolar Disorders Clinic
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Support Groups for people who have lost loved ones to suicide, parents who lost gay teens to suicide and individuals who lost their gay partners to suicide. Contact Terry Jordan, LCSW at 2001 S. Barrington Avenue, #202, LA CA 90025 (310) 859-2241
- Tardive Dyskinesia is a result of damage to the bodily systems that process dopamine, and is typically caused by exposure to certain prescriptions medications. The symptoms of TD mimic those of Parkinson's disease and are irreversible and incurable. Tardive Dyskinesia victims suffer from involuntary, repetitive movements which often continue after the drug is no longer used.
Transgender Awareness Webinar
This is a link to a FREE Transgender Awareness Webinar. There is one for the general public and another for mental health providers. It is a tool for families, friends, employees, trainees, and practicing providers interested in receiving a quick and convenient online training that is self-paced and self-directed. The webinar takes anywhere from 20-60 minutes with quiz questions and video content included.
- Veterans Crisis Line - a resource for veterans in crisis, as well as their friends.
- Walden House, Inc. - offering substance abuse treatment to the San Francisco community since 1969.
- Women's Recovery Association - non-profit organization providing counseling and substance abuse treatment for women and their families in the Burlingame area. Residential and outpatient care.
Links to Other Advocacy Organizations
Here are some links to other advocacy organizations:
Other Important Links